Laser for ENT Ear, Nose and Throat surgery
Diode Lasers is now universally accepted as the most advanced
technological tool in various specialities of surgery. It offers
the most bloodless surgery available today. Cherylas laser is
especially suited for ENT works and finds application in various
aspects of surgery in the ear, nose, larynx, neck etc. With the
Diode Laser, there has been a significant improvement in the
quality of ENT surgery.
The laser transmits radiation via a flexible quartz fiber optic
cable that can be used with a set of intra nasal, micro laryngeal
Light at its particular wavelength is absorbed by tissues
relatively independent of tissue type. Tissue response at this
wavelength is determined by the absorption of water as well as by
absorption of endogenous components such as hemoglobin and melanin.
As a result, the diode laser has a large (up to 10 mm) penetration
depth in biologic tissue, which makes it ideal for photo
With a diode laser’s flexible fiber delivery system is compatible
with hollow instruments, allows for coaxial vision, and is ideally
suited for intranasal, oral and micro laryngeal use.
- Turbinate reduction in case of allergic -Rhinitis and Vasomotor
- Releasing sub mucous fibrosis
- Laser Cautery Tongue lesion
- Tonsillotomy for Tonsillolith
- Laser Granular pharynx
- LAUP-Snoring and OSA surgery
- Microlaryngoscopy and removal of nodules, polyp etc under GA.
- DCR with eye surgeons.
- nasal polypectomy
Advantages of a laser surgery:
- Minimal invasive
- Minimal bleedings and atraumatic
- Good wound healing with uncomplicated follow-up care
- Hardly any side effects
- Possibility to operate people with a cardiac pacemaker
- Treatments under local anesthesia possible (esp. rhinology and
vocal chords treatments)
- Treatment of areas which are difficult to reach
- Time saving
- Reduction of medicine
- More sterile